Dawn Marsh Harrier

Dawn Marsh Harrier

Tuesday 29 December 2015

Owl be back.

Another day off work, the sun was shining on and off and there were owls in the Heartwood Forest. I know because I saw them yesterday. I've already told you I did but I wanted to see them again.  Call me monotonous but they're owls. Short Eared Owls. I love owls.





The Shorties kept their distance today, so I spent more time enjoying them through the bins than the camera but enjoy them I did. I know I've mentioned it before but I just love owls. In fact (and I know I've mentioned this before as well) I just love birds of prey, so I was chuffed when my new Kestrel friend turned up too.






Plenty of people were out again for a stroll in the ludicrously clement weather and most seemed mercifully less excitable than yesterday . Some of them stopped to inquire what we were looking at. It was a pleasure to see their joy when we were able to point out an owl. Especially so when their kiddies started wowing and whooping and wanting to stay a bit longer to watch them. Keeps your hopes alive for the future of the planet.

Eventually the sun we've seen so little of lately, dipped below the tree line and it was time to head contentedly back to the car.





I'd watched owls hunting and I'd witnessed first hand young people that appreciated them.

Happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment